Begining to my ramblings and Lengacher moments!



Well.. The Lengacher's are finally starting to blog. I never thought I would say that, with the way my dad is he does not understand one thing dealing with a computer but hopefully that will all change. I always wanted to do a blog I just wasn't sure what to do mine over since I do not have a family yet so I thought it would be good for us as a family to do one of these. My name is Ayrika and I am twenty years old. I am currently at Vincennes University majoring in Special and Elementary Education, needless to say I love it. I cannot wait to become a teacher, I graduate from VU in two years. Hopefully I will be able to find a teaching job so I can continue to do what I love. My daddy is Matt, he runs his own business Lengacher Steel Construction. There are two crews that he runs, his brother is in charge of the other. He is the best dad, he has always been involved in all our life's. I always knew if something was wrong I could call my dad and he would let me know what to do. I love you daddy! My mom, Sherri, is awesome. Her love for her family is amazing and her love for the Lord is overflowing. She has to be OCD about cleaning, I have never walked in our house with it being dirty, even with all of us kids or dad. She is awesome! My brother, Drew, is thirteen. He is very athletic involved in three sports, basketball, baseball and football his favorite! He cracks me up, you never know what he is going to do or say. We all thought this would be our family till the end of time until one day my parents decided they wanted to add to the Lengacher's. In 2004, we started working on the adoption paperwork, we decided to adopt from China. As a family, we were so excited to have another little one running around the house, plus I was so excited to have a baby sister. It was one crazy year, with people coming over inspecting our house, interviewing each of us, then waiting for the time for my parent's to leave for China. That was a difficult time because "our" parent's were gone for two and half weeks leaving us with grandma. We planned a suprise Welcome Home Party for them, but the thing was Madison was terrified of us and everything around her beside mom and dad, very upsetting to someone who has been waiting a year to meet my new sister. Through this whole journey of adding to our family I have been so thankful for her being my baby sister. She is now four and a true blessing. She loves going to the Washington Catholic pre-school, gymnastics and spending her Saturday's enjoying her "sissy time". Needless to say, she does not go anywhere without getting attention. Although, we all thought our family was done growing or adding to the wonderful Lord decided he wasn't done yet with the Lengachers and wanted us to have one more and maybe one day add another! (HINT MOM/DAD I want another brother or sister). We have a pretty normal family that I love with all my heart. I thank God daily how he blessed me with these wonderful people he put in my life.


















1 comment:

Laura Raber said...

Hey Aryika! Hope you enjoy blogging! I love keeping this online journal...and I love being able to keep "up to date" on people back home in Indiana! Good luck with the blog!