*Christmas Parties 2008

I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month.

*Christmas is always a busy time of the year for people all over, there is your last minute shopping, staying up late after the kids are sleeping to wrap their gifts and trying to keep the little ones guessing about their gifts. I loved being able to help mom now knowing most of the time what my presents are going to be. Christmas is about more than what gifts we receive or the gifts we give it is about the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I always love going to church in December and hearing all the neat stories on the birth of baby Jesus. I have been hearing them since I was a child but it still so fascinating to learn all about the people involved with the birth. Today during our last December sermon we reviewed all the people involved in making the birth of Jesus so special. It is so amazing how special this child's birth is after all these years, I mean imagine being Mary and Joseph an realizing your son would one day be the one who saved our lifes today. I am amazed to say the least.
*Parties, Parties and More Parties.... I am thankful but sad these are all over for yet another year. On Sunday afternoon Waylon's dad side got together to celebrate Christmas since everyone was home beside Dennis-we missed you buddy. It was a fun and relaxing partyy. We had delicious food=) On Tuesday December 23 we went to Uncle Tim's house for the Lengacher side Christmas Party. It was a fun night of seeing family we do not see on a everyday basis. We had so much fun, we never know what kind of game Tim and Dena will come up with to involve the whole family. This year they had all kinds of dollar gifts two pairs of gloves and a timer- we had no idea what the outcome would involve. The rules included: put the gloves on and try to open the gift before the timer went off. The rules didn't seem so hard until you started unwrapping some of the gifts were wrapped three or four times before the actual gift. Needless to say I NEVER got a gift lol. I am not talented in those type of games.
Madison new toy!


Ayrika with Charlotte Russe
gift card and frame

*On Christmas Eve I celebrated Christmas at Waylon's families house, it was an exciting and eventful night! We had all kinds of yummy food made by his mom and sisters!! I love when we all get together you never know what is going to happen next! We had so much fun opening gifts. His mom kept saying I didn't need all this stuff because we draw names but all of us got her and his dad some sort of gift, it was neat. I was so happy Waylon got me the Open Heart Necklace by Jane Seymour, plus a Tony Romo jersey- I am now a Cowboy fan since every Sunday or night they play we watch it ha. It was funny though I got a Colt's blanket from his mom and that jersey from him! I bought Waylon all clothes plus a few things that have no come in but they can be anniversary gifts=) Leanna and Sheldon just had their first baby Brianna it was so cute having such a little one at the party, plus it's always fun buying for a baby! Than of course we had to play some sort of game- its a must everytime we are together, we played Dominos. My dad and I used to play all the time but hadn't played in years it was fun to bring back old memories. Later on Christmas Eve my family has always opened one gift and this one gift is always Jammies to wear that night so we have Christmas Jammies on Christmas Morning! Here are some pictures of us opening this gift and modeling them!


My Chrismtas present last
year from Waylon, a Maltese!!


Us kids opening gifts

*Christmas morning finally came, Madi was so happy Santa actually stopped Drew and I had her convienced Santa wasn't going to make it to our house, were mean we know!! We all had a wonderful Christmas morning, after we open gifts we always have biscuits and gravy since we don't eat till later that night! We all got exactly what we wanted I got a Wii Drew got Xbox 360 and Madison got a DS plus a Horsey game to go with it. For lunch Waylon and I went to his mom's family side for lunch. I couldn't eat much even though the food looked and smelled amazing=) Later that evening the crazy Wittmer side came over to celebrate the Wittmer Christmas. It just isn't quite the same without Gramps being there, he always brought laughter and smiles to us kids faces. He always teased us about something and made sure we all got exactly what we wanted! He was an amazing husband, father, grandpa and most of all person I looked up to! Miss you Gramps! The Wittmer's always bring laughter and loudness to the house, we get together with my moms brother Kevin and his two daughters from Virgina we see only twice a year which is always great to see family!


Madi and new DS


Ayrika with Wii!!

Drew with X-Box 360

Uncle Tom and Uncle Buzz
eating some of the yummy food




*This Christmas has been one I will never forget, the memories are unforgetable! Thank you everyone for all the amazing gifts-I love you very much and thankful you are all in my life today to share the holidays with!

The Three Cooks for the Wittmers=)
*The official days of Christmas are slowly drifting away, it's always a sad day when we put up all our decorations for yet another year. Specially this year with Madison she just did not realize why the Christmas tree and decorations had to go bye bye. She kept saying but mom I haven't made snowmen yet or played in the snow-so clearly she did not understand it is still winter just no longer Christmas, it was so cute though cause it really hurt her feelings.












































No comments: